Weights & Measures
The Weights and Measures program is responsible for maintaining standards of measurement for consumers at the marketplace and various industries throughout our County.
Consumer protection is serviced by:
- Controlling quantities
- Enforcing weighmaster regulations
- Inspecting petroleum dispensing devices
- Inspecting weighing and measuring devices
- Verifying correct transactions of purchased consumer goods sold by weight, volume, or count.
- Inspection and testing of commercial weighing and measuring devices to assure their accuracy. Devices include grocery store check-out stands, gas pumps, gas and electric meters and other devices used to measure, weigh, or meter consumer products in small or large capacity scales.
- For more information please visit the California Department of Weights and Measures
The Weights and Measures activities performed by this Department are mandated by Division 5 of the California Business and Professions Code (B&P). The Sealer of Weights and Measures has statutory authority to levy administrative fines for violations of the B and P Code.
Go directly to the CDFA Division of Measurement Standards webpage:
California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) - Department of Measurement Standards (DMS) Regulations.