Goals of the MCAH Program:
The Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (MCAH) program strives to develop systems that protect and improve the health of women, infants, children, adolescents and their families.
The goals and objectives of Colusa County MCAH program incorporate local problems identify by the 5 year needs assessment. Some areas of focus are:
- Improving access to prenatal care in the first trimester.
- Oral health
- Child passenger safety
- Improving breastfeeding initiation and duration rates.
- Developmental screening for children 0-5 years.
- Sudden Unexplained Infant Death (SUID) and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Obesity among the MCAH population
- Adolescent health
The Colusa County MCAH program collaborates with many community partners in a variety activities to improve the health of women, children and their families.
- Assistance with navigating the health care system
- Referral to local resources
- Breastfeeding education and support by a Certified Lactation Education Counselor
- Provide health education material on maternal, child and adolescent health topics
- Child passenger safety education and car seat checkups
- Grief and bereavement support services for families experiencing a sudden and unexpected infant death.
To access MCAH services visit the Colusa County Public Health office or call (530) 458-0380 or 1-800-655-3110
Colusa County Public Health Division
251 E. Webster Street
Colusa CA 95932
The Colusa County MCAH program can help you find services and resources for you and your family.
Are you pregnant?
Do you need help finding a prenatal care provider? Do want to know more about maternal health and local resources for you and your baby?
Visit the MCAH program at the Colusa County Public Health office or call (530) 458-0380 or 1 (800) 655-3110
Click on the links listed below to view the pregnancy resources available for Colusa County women.
Colusa County Pregancy Resource Guide (PDF)
Colusa County Pregancy Resource Guide- Spanish (PDF)