Please note: Due to current pandemic conditions please call 530-458-0480 prior to your visit to any of the Community Development divisions/units. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to serving you.
Colusa County’s Development Services Department consists of the Planning, Building, Environmental Health, Code Compliance, and Water Resources divisions. The Board of Supervisors have combined these functions into a single agency in order to help facilitate the delivery of the highest level of customer service to the County’s residents and businesses in support of agricultural activities and economic development.
The primary functions of the department include:
- Current planning, which includes processing and analyzing land use entitlements, tentative maps, and lot line adjustments
- Long-range planning, which includes updating and creating county plans, drafting Zoning Code ordinances, and drafting General Plan resolutions
- Housing Element - Adopted June 30, 2020
- Building administration, which includes processing building permits, conducting site inspections, and enforcing building codes
- The application of public health laws regarding Retail Food Safety, Cottage Food Operations, Septic Systems, and Small Water Systems, as well as others through permitting and inspection activities.
- Hazardous Materials & Waste (CUPA)
- Colusa County Local Agency Management Program (LAMP) (PDF)
- Implementation of the Colusa County Groundwater Management Plan, planning and implementation of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA).
- Involved in various other water-related activities like Sites Reservoir Outreach.
- Receive complaints - Complaint Form (PDF) or Online Complaint Form
- Investigate complaints to determine whether a violation of County Code exists.
- Email Greg Plucker, Director
- Email Kuljeet Mundi, Environmental Health Manager
- Email Mary Fahey, Water Resources Manager