Holiday Office Hours
7:30-5pm Monday –Friday
The office will be closed on the following days:
Thanksgiving -Thursday November 23rd, 2023 and November 24th, 2023
Christmas -Monday December 25th and December 26th, 2023
New Year’s Day- Monday January 01, 2024
Colusa County’s Development Services Department consists of the Planning, Building, Environmental Health, Code Compliance, and Water Resources divisions. The Board of Supervisors have combined these functions into a single agency in order to help facilitate the delivery of the highest level of customer service to the County’s residents and businesses in support of agricultural activities and economic development.
Click here for Domestic Well Outage Resources and information regarding the Colusa County Emergency Domestic Well Program.
The primary functions of the department include:
- Current planning, which includes processing and analyzing land use entitlements, tentative maps, and lot line adjustments
- Long-range planning, which includes updating and creating county plans, drafting Zoning Code ordinances, and drafting General Plan resolutions
- Housing Element - Adopted June 30, 2020
- Building administration, which includes processing building permits, conducting site inspections, and enforcing building codes
- The application of public health laws regarding Retail Food Safety, Cottage Food Operations, Septic Systems, and Small Water Systems, as well as others through permitting and inspection activities.
- Hazardous Materials & Waste (CUPA)
- Colusa County Local Agency Management Program (LAMP) (PDF)
- Implementation of the Colusa County Groundwater Management Plan.
- Support of County related issues of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA).
- Involved in various other water-related activities like Sites Reservoir Outreach.
- Review of Public Land Issues
- Wildland Fire Hazard Mitigation Efforts
- Surface Mining and Reclamation
- Flood Hazard Mitigation Support
Airport Land Use Commission
- The Community Development Department staff provides staff support to the County’s Airport Land Use Commission.
- Staff reviews all projects within the Colusa County’s Airport’s Influence Area to determine which projects require review by the Airport Land Use Commission.
- Staff processes development projects to the Airport Land Use Commission for consistency review against the Colusa County Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan.
- Receive complaints - Complaint Form (PDF) or Online Complaint Form
- Investigate complaints to determine whether a violation of County Code exists.
Click Here for the Online Permit Portal - This allows applicants to apply for permits, track their application status, to request inspections, and communicate directly with the County staff processing their permits through an easy to use web-based interface. Any computer or mobile device connected to the internet can access the County's Online Permit Portal.
- Email Greg Plucker, Director
- Email Kuljeet Mundi, Environmental Health Manager
- Email Steve Geiger, Principal Planner
- Vacant, Assistant Planner
- Vacant, Permit Technician
- Email Julia Ornbaun, Permit Technician