COLUSA COUNTY FREE LIBRARY
Saturdays are fun at the Colusa Library!
1st Saturday of the Month
- Virtual Reality, ages 13+, 10:00am-Noon (call 458-0129)
- Crafternoon, ages 16+, Noon-1:30pm (call 458-0375)
2nd Saturday of the Month
- Master Gardener Workshop, all ages, 10:00am-Noon, (call 458-7671)
3rd Saturday of the Month
- Sensational Saturday Family Fun Day, all ages, 10:00am-Noon, (call 458-0143)
4th Saturday of the Month
- Paws to Read: Reading With Dogs, all ages, 10:00am-Noon, (call 458-7671)
5th Saturday of the Month
- Programs vary--call 458-7671 for more information
The California State Library is pleased to offer the New York Times online to California public libraries! This offer features direct access to nytimes.com from 1851 to right now, including:
- All regular newspaper content (articles, editorials, etc.)
- All multimedia, including video, photography, VR features and all new multimedia to come
- Spanish and Mandarin Chinese versions of nytimes.com
- Personalized access, including e-mail newsletters such as California Today, mobile apps* for phones and tablets, with customizable news feeds, and article recommendations based on topics you most commonly read about.
The State Library is supporting this resource for California public libraries for at least the next 18 months. You can sign up using the link above and a current email address. Registration is required, but is very simple. Enjoy!
Colusa County Free Library’s Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online.
The Library’s pilot program provides a limited number of free enrollments to qualified adult learners who are looking to advance their careers, prepare for workforce entry or continue their education. Career Online High School through the Colusa County Free Library is open to all eligible County residents.
Applicants who successfully complete an online self-assessment and prerequisite course, followed by an in-person interview, will be considered for enrollment.
Once enrolled, COHS pairs each student with an online academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.
If you are interested in the program, please contact Literacy Coordinator, Alissa Maas at 530/458-0373 or County Librarian, Stacey Zwald Costello at 530/458-0372.