Director of Public Works
Michael J. Azevedo
Assistant Director of Public Works
1215 Market St.
Phone: (530) 458-0466
Fax: (530) 458-2035
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
The divisions of the Public Works Department are:
To advance the life, safety and general welfare of the public by being effective, efficient and responsible for planning, engineering, construction and operation/maintenance of the following activities:
- Transportation System, Roads, Bridges
- Solid Waste Enterprise System
- County Service Areas
- Flood Control & Water Conservation District
- County Surveyor
and to strive for higher professional standards, by exchanging information and ideas, and by stimulating a friendly and cooperative spirit among the citizens of Colusa County.
The Public Works Department performs a number of management functions and oversees numerous activities in service to the citizens of the county including:
- Issuing and inspecting encroachment and transportation permits for work performed within the public right of way and the movement of extralegal loads on roadways.
- Managing and overseeing flood control and conservation districts.
- Managing and overseeing transportation planning.
- Managing, operating, constructing, and maintaining public roads, bridges, and various other related road features.
- Managing solid waste operations, county landfills, and the transfer station.
- Operating county service areas.
- Overseeing the Transit Division.
- Performing the duties of the county surveyor.
- Working with other county departments to process and provide guidelines for various land development matters such as subdivisions, property surveys, and use permits.