NOTICE OF PUBLIC AUCTION OF TAX-DEFAULTED PROPERTIES FOR DELINQUENT TAXES
ON MAY 04, 2017
(Made pursuant to Section 3692, Revenue and Taxation Code)
On January 10th, 2017, the Board of Supervisors of Colusa County, California, signed Resolution 17-005 authorizing Daniel A Charter, Colusa County Tax Collector to sell tax defaulted properties subject to the power to sale at a public auction.
The sale will be conducted promptly at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday May 04, 2017, at the VFW Hall, located at 108 E Main Street, Colusa, CA 95932, as a public auction to the highest bidder for cash in lawful money of the United States or negotiable paper, (cashier's check or money order) for not less than the minimum bid as shown on this notice. If any of these properties are not sold/offered due to any reason/s, those properties may be reoffered for sale within 90 days of this Tax Sale date at the discretion of the Tax Collector. This reoffer information will be announced at the end of this auction.
You should inspect the property before investing. The burden is on the purchaser to thoroughly research, before the sale about zoning requirements with the City or the County where the property is located at their own cost.
MINIMUM BID AMOUNTS:
We require the minimum bid amounts by Certified funds only (i.e., cash, cashier's check, money order). Thereafter, the balance may be paid by personal check and will be deposited on the same day to our Bank. Bank statements showing the available funds, loan approval letters, Letter of Credits and/or account balance certificates from the bank/s are NOT accepted as proof of certified funds.
• Registration for the sale will commence at 8:30 a.m. and end promptly at 9:45 a.m., and you will not be able to register after that time.
• $500 pre-sale deposit will be required (Certified Funds). Deposit will be refunded if you are not a successful bidder or applied to balance due if you are a successful bidder.
• Please bring certified funds for the minimum bid at the time you register.
• You will NOT be able to register if you do not have pre-sale deposit and cannot show proof for payment of the minimum bid.
• You may obtain the necessary minimum bid/s amount/s and/or any other information prior to Auction day so that you can register before the cut off time on the day of tax sale.
Please note the following:
1. If you register under your personal name and you are the successful bidder, you will not be able to change the name in the Title.
2. If you want to register in the name of Partnership, LLC, LLP, Company, Entity etc., please register under the name of the particular entity and state your authority to bid under that entity. We need a letter from the authorized signatory from the entity to authorize the bidder to register under the entity's name.
3. Any individual/s employed by or owners the same partnership, LLC, LLP, Company, Entity etc., will not be permitted to bid against each other. Please bring the partners', LLC, LLP, Company, or entity owners names.
The right of redemption will cease on Wednesday May 3rd, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. and properties not redeemed will be offered for sale. If the parcel is not sold, the right of redemption will revive and continue up to the close of business of the last business day prior to the next scheduled sale. If the properties are sold, parties of interest, as defined in California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 4675, have a right to file a claim with the county for any excess proceeds from the sale. Excess proceeds are the amount of the highest bid in excess of the liens and costs of the sale, which are paid from the sale proceeds. Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Tax Collector at 547 Market Street, Suite 111, Colusa, CA 95932, calling (530) 458-0440, or by visiting our website at www.countyofcolusa.org
PARCEL NUMBERING SYSTEM EXPLANATION
The Assessor's Parcel Number (APN), when used to describe property in this list, refers to the assessor's map book, the map page, and the individual parcel on the map page. The assessor's maps and further explanation of the parcel numbering system are available in the assessor's office. Example: An assessor's parcel number such as 001 001 001 000 would mean Book 1 of the assessor's maps, map page 1 and parcel 1 on the map.