Stacey Zwald Costello, Library Director
Alissa Morrow, Literacy Coordinator
Main Branch, Colusa
The Colusa County Free Library has all sorts of stuff just for teens, including books, media, and programs!
MAS Ultra- School Edition
MAS Ultra provides full text for:
- more than 158,000 biographies and primary source documents, hundreds of reference books
- an Image Collection containing photos, maps, flags, and color PDFs
- expanded full-text journal and magazines dating back to 1975, including American History, Archaeology, Astronomy, Bioscience, Civil War Times, CollegeXpress, Nation, National Review, New Scientist, Popular Science, Smithsonian, World War II, and much more
The peer-reviewed scholarly database will help with all of your research and homework needs 24/7 with a library card.
Gale Virtual Reference Database (GVRD)
The GVRD provides access to more than 12,000 eBooks from over 100 industry-leading publishers for every discipline and a unique research experience. You can access reference materials from "how-to" to health to homework help, eBooks on GVRD using your library card. The reference materials will help with reports and homework on demand.
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
OWL offers over 200 free resources including:
Zinio for Libraries
- Writing and Teaching Writing
- Grammar and Mechanics
- Style Guides
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Job Search and Professional Writing
Instantly read all current and backlist issues for more than 165 magazines on desktop and mobile browsers for free using your library card and the Zinio for Libraries app.
To get started
- Log in with your Library card, then create a Zinio account to borrow magazines
- You can borrow magazines via a web browser to read now on your PC, Mac or mobile
- Download the Zinio app to read offline on your iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle HD/HDX
- Magazines in the collection are always available with no returns and no due dates
NOTE: You can only read single issues of magazines in the app. Use Zinio’s online site
to browse for magazine to checkout or to download new issues.
Drivers Education Program
Free lessons and practice tests specific to the State of California.
Ebooks and Online Audiobooks
Library2Go, powered by Overdrive gives access to thousands of eBooks and eAudio books using your library card and the Overdrive application.
For download instructions for iPad, iPod, iPod Touch, and Kindle, click here
With over 50,000 eBook titles in the shared collection, Enki provides library patrons with a turnkey, ready-made, librarian-curated collection of popular fiction and nonfiction genres including romance, mysteries, travel, technical, crafts, cooking and more. Of particular interest are more than 900 graphic novels! Available anywhere using your library card.