The Colusa County Groundwater Management Plan was adopted in 2008. In preparing the Groundwater Management Plan, it was the
intent of Colusa County
that it be applicable countywide
and serve the following purposes:
To be responsible stewards of the water resources in Colusa County.
- To be eligible for grant funding to increase the understanding of the groundwater basins underlying Colusa County.
- To retain local control of water management decisions.
County’s goals for
groundwater management (as developed with input from the public through meetings, workshops, and surveys) are to:
Ensure a Reliable Water Supply
- Ensure Long-Term Groundwater Sustainability
- Optimize Conjunctive Use of Surface Water and Groundwater
- Protect Water Rights
- Maintain Local Control
- Prevent Unnecessary Restrictions on Groundwater Use
With the onset of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), the Groundwater Management Plan will be replaced by basin-wide Groundwater Sustainability Plans, which are required by the State to be completed by January 31, 2022.